Porter Freight Funding plays an integral role in the trucking industry. Owner-operators and fleet owners use the options from Porter to help secure flexible working capital.
Porter Freight Funding is part of Porter Capital Corporation. The parent company has over 30 years of experience in the transportation industry, helping businesses secure working capital. Owner-operators and mid-sized trucking fleets in the United States rely on the company to provide key funding solutions.
In addition to freight factoring, the company also offers:
- Compliance assistance
- Dispatching services
- Much more
The company operates out of Alabama, with a main operations office in Hartselle and headquarters in Birmingham.
With 100+ years of freight bill factoring experience, Porter Freight’s staff can help you secure the working capital you need to keep operations running smoothly.
Porter Freight Funding for the Trucking Industry
Porter helps fund transportation deals and continues to offer excellence to their client. Waiting 30 – 90 days for invoices to be paid causes many owner-operators and trucking fleets to maintain very low working capital.
Your business needs access to cash now.
When you submit your invoice to the company, you’ll receive up to 95% of the invoice’s value fast. Porter allows you to avoid waiting for slow accounting teams to pay your invoice. Two types of factoring are available:
- Non-resource: You receive 100% of your invoice amount upfront. Free credit checks are available for all brokers that you work with, and billing and collections are included. You can factor any invoice with no minimum requirement for one or two trucks.
- Resource: Porter Freight Trucking also offers recourse factoring with competitive advance rates and flexible options of month-to-month, six-month and one-year. All of the brokers you work with will be credit checked for free, and there is optional assistance with billing and invoicing.
Porter Freight does not have tiered rates, and they will advance up to 45% of the load in fuel. You’ll work with expert dispatchers and have a dedicated client rep who will answer all of your questions for you. When you have a business need, the rep will work to resolve it as swiftly as possible.
All clients also receive access to pre-approved shippers and brokers, reducing your risk of not being paid when hauling loads.
Funding can be same-day on all loads that you provide with deposit options of:
- Fuel card
Porter Freight Funding specializes in invoice factoring, but there are also other options available through the parent company. If you need working capital loans, there are options available through Porter Capital. You can apply for multiple loans:
- Short-term loans with fixed interest rates and repayment options
- A business line of credit to provide you with a revolving credit line
- Startup loans to help fund your startup’s operation
The company’s representatives will work with you to find the best loan option for your fleet. If your business needs greater financial stability, the team at Porter will help you free up working capital to keep your operations growing week after week.
The Benefits of Porter Factoring Services for Truckers
Porter’s factoring services offer many benefits to truckers, including:
Getting Paid Faster
Factoring services allow you to get paid more quickly. Owner-operators often have to wait up to two months after completing their jobs to get paid. With Porter Freight Funding’s factoring services, you can get paid within days, not weeks.
Here’s how it works:
- You submit a verified invoice to Porter Factoring Services.
- The company deposits up to 95% of the advance in just a few days.
- Once the invoice is paid in full, you receive the remainder of the balance minus a factoring fee.
Growing Your Operations
Because factoring services help you get paid faster, you can grow your business and reach your goals at a much faster pace.
With freight factoring, you can avoid having to take out loans or increasing your pile of debt. You get paid faster, which gives you financial security, but you don’t have to worry about an additional monthly debt payment.
Porter Freight Funding’s contracts offer many other perks for truckers, like:
- Free invoicing
- Free broker credit checks
- Porter billing services
Plus, Porter Freight Funding offers flexible contracts and does not have a minimum factoring requirement. All billing and collections are included.
Porter Freight Funding helps owner-operators stay in business and avoid taking on more debt to maintain operations. With flexible contracts and other perks, it’s not surprising that so many owner-operators rely on the company to maintain cash flow in between payments.